We put philanthropy into action to help address the needs, rights and interests of our Eastern Connecticut communities, while fulfilling the passions of our donors.
Build Donor Relationships
We help donors — and their professional advisors — establish personally meaningful charitable funds that make a lasting impact on the issues and communities of greatest interest to them. Our experience helps us connect them to the region’s current and emerging needs and bring about enduring change.
- We provide opportunities for people to learn and give together.
- We currently manage over 580 charitable funds on behalf of our donors, totaling over $110 million in assets.
- Our goal is to involve even more partners in improving the well-being of Eastern Connecticut and help them carry out their vision for giving through funds and legacy gifts.
Issue Grants & Scholarships
Thanks to the funds established by our donors, we are able to offer charitable grants to nonprofit organizations to support their work in our communities; as well as hundreds of annual scholarships to help local students pursue their educational dreams.
- Each year we award approximately $8 million in grants and scholarships.
- We have made over $84 million in grants and scholarships on behalf of our donors since we were founded in 1983.
Strengthen Area Nonprofits
In addition to grant making, we work closely with nonprofit organizations in and around Eastern Connecticut to help them strengthen their capabilities, increase their technical skills and operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Nonprofit organizations, which are typically on the front lines in responding to pressing community needs, are critical to bringing about the lasting change our donors seek, so we confer with them on a regular basis.
- We offer workshops, training and other continuing education opportunities every year.
- We partner with them in building their endowments to create a permanent revenue stream for their organizations.
Seek and Support Solutions to Community Challenges
Throughout our nearly 40 year history, we have routinely convened meetings of community leaders, nonprofits, service agencies, business leaders, volunteers, donors and local residents to discuss our shared challenges and to explore and pursue the best ways to address them.
In July 2022, we updated our Strategic Plan Goals to reflect our leadership and advocacy on important issues as they arise in our communities.
Read more about our Priorities
Call us at 860-442-3572 or email us.