The Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut is pleased to partner with the Town of Pomfret and accept seven funds to benefit the Pomfret Public Library. The Community Foundation’s stewardship goals are to achieve perpetuity of the funds while making annual distributions to the library and reducing the workload for the Town.
“We are very happy to have the Community Foundation help us maximize the impact of these bequests which were left to us by generous community members,” said Pomfret Public Library Board Chair Ann Hinchman. “We look forward to continuing to honor their legacy by enhancing our beloved local library.”The Pomfret Library Funds include the following endowments which total $207,730:
- Sarah M. Aicher Memorial Garden Fund, established 1995, to support the care, maintenance and improvement of the Sarah M. Aicher Memorial Garden at the Pomfret Public Library.
- Abilene C. Averill Fund, established 1940, for the ongoing operations and maintenance of the Town of Pomfret, CT Public Library.
- Virginia Burdick Blumberg Fund, established 1998, to support the care, maintenance and improvement of the Pomfret Public Library.
- Margaret G. Deal Fund, established 1995, to support the care, maintenance and improvement of the Pomfret Public Library.
- Phillip G. James Fund, established 2001, to support the Pomfret Public Library.
- Seldom B. Overlock Fund, established 1935, to support the ongoing operations and maintenance of the Pomfret Public Library.
- Elizabeth Woods Memorial Fund, established 1997, to support the purchase of well-bound books: classics and the type meant to last and be read for generations.
For more information about agency endowments and other ways to partner with the Community Foundation to achieve your philanthropic goals, email Alison Woods or Lilli Rhodes, or call 860.442.3572.