Use this application if you:
- Are a graduating high school senior or a current college student who lives in one of the 42 communities we serve in Eastern Connecticut or in Westerly, Rhode Island; or if you are a returning college students of any age, that is, you are an adult returning to post-secondary education after at least one year out of high school and you are financially independent.
- Will be enrolled full-time at an accredited college, university or trade/technical program for the 2023-2024 school year; and
- Are in good academic standing.
Information required for this application includes:
- Personal information (name, permanent address, phone and email)
- Family information (parent’s name, education level, occupation, siblings’ ages, Expected Family Contribution as listed on the Student Aid Report from the FAFSA)
- Academic Information (current school, GPA, guidance counselor’s name, email and phone to request your transcript, SAT/ACT scores, name, email and phone of person writing your letter of recommendation)
- College or school you will attend if you already know, and/or top three schools you have applied to and whether you have been accepted)
- Intended area of study and career goals
- School-based activities (clubs, sports)
- Other activities (volunteerism, work experience, non-school-based athletics)
- Honors and other achievements
- Essay (750 words max.)
- Extra essay (500 words max.) for Tuneski/Sheflott Scholarship (about Irish and/or Polish heritage) and Union School/John Geissler/Jerry Baggish scholarships (about Union as a hometown and its impact on the applicant)
The application deadline is Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 5pm.